I love odd things, like post offices and libraries... and people's fridges. Well, what's on them anyway. I don't know if it's a snapshot of the family personality, or their life, but I think it's cool to see what folks put up to look at everyday.
On ours, I tend to put stuff that's important, or that makes me smile. Jim has some say too (!) otherwise there would be less! I also like to display stuff from loved ones far away. It's our way of keeping them close to our thoughts.
So here, above, is our freezer door. There's hardly anything below, since Kaden can reach it. Which wouldn't be a problem, except his personal mission is to store anything on the fridge UNDER the fridge. After solving the mystery of The Disappearing Magnetic Alphabet Letters, we stopped leaving things in his reach.
Anyway, there's a few "inspiring" magnets, though I use that term loosely. One reminds us to LIVE SIMPLY (ironic considered it's buried under stuff), two others are for businesses I love (one fair trade coffee and one creative book place), one is from our visit on the Royal Yacht in Scotland (no, I can't remember the name of it but yes, Diana slept there). Practical magnets include a local delivery place, a notepad or two, and the library (!). Ironic magnets include a smoke dectector one that says "beep! beep! beep! a sound you can live with" - ironic because that blasted thing goes off whenever I cook and we're not so convinced we can live with it.
Then there's photos: Kaden, of course, our friend's little boy, and one each of Jim and I when we were toddlers. And then there's the ART. One magnet made by my brother, a Kaden coloring page, and this picture- my most favorite drawing from our nephew Tali:
1 comment:
Great idea- I am gonna answer your question today! That smoke detector magnet is funny--reminds of a kitchen saying I've seen, "When the smoke detector goes off, dinner is ready" or something like that ;)
Post a Comment