Friday, November 5, 2010

Quick Takes Friday

1. This is post # 202 !!! So exciting, because a) holy cow I've written a lot and more importantly b) that was my sophmore college room # ... during the year that the room had its own personality! As in, "room 202 does NOT go to bed before 10:30"... or the "BYOB party" where we had 3 pounds of cream cheese and asked people to bring their own bagels... or where folks over 5'4" would declare "I'm too tall for 202!" Fun times.

2. The only thing more delicious than pumpkin pancakes are ones with dark chocolate chunks.



3. Toddler Cooking Tip: measurements are approximations. Feel free to add more or less, according to the Prince's Whim.


4. Toddler DishWashing Tip: When the child helps, move your cell phone out of the "splash zone". Such zone will be about 2 feet further out than you expect.



5. When eating homemade pancakes with a toddler, do not try to explain how food gets burnt. Especially when the child has toured a firetruck recently. Such conversation will quickly veer out of control, covering areas such as house fires, skin burns, firefighters/trucks/alarms, doctor visits, shots, and sesame street bandaids. The parent will need to lie down after such talk.


6. Also, do NOT make your "safe meeting place in case of fire" something fun like your neighbor-with-children's house. Actual conversation: Kaden, touching back of hand to burnt pancake (with scared expression): Ow! Fire! Burn! (with happy smile): I go to twins house now?




7. Any suggestions out there for little boy Christmas outfits that don't involve cute sweaters?

1 comment:

bluedaisy said...

I love #5 especially but these are all great!
I am guilty of the vest with turtleneck or buttondown look. ALOT for the boys. Just got cute arygyle (sp?) vests at Children's Place- reasonable. Babies R Us usually has cute shirts. I always like the "Santa's Little Helper" shirts but I think my boys might have finally outgrown them. Or what about a little corduroy "suit" coat and a buttondown or turtleneck? I always go more for color than actual images.