Painting wrapping paper for Christmas.
.
I really enjoy making stuff, all sorts of stuff. I prefer if it has a practical use and not just a decorative one, but for the holidays the decorative stuff is good too. I really enjoy making gifts, but rarely set aside time to do it anymore. Used to be, I/we would pick a "new" project and learn how to do that during the summer/fall so we could create gifts for Christmas. But now with Kaden, there's more of a "making-holiday-card" vibe going!
.
This is supposed to be his foot as the turkey body with the hands arranged behind it as the feathers. But he wanted to stick them down himself, so...
.
So over the last few days, we've been "creating" all sorts of handprint turkeys. Paint, crayon, marker, scissors, foam, sticker-- basically, whatever we could get our "hands" on! It's fun for me and- in small doses- fun for him. We even had fun doing some with our neighbor twins, who were delighted with their "Craft Day"- and even more so when we hung a few on the fridge. The rest of the morning, one of the kids would randomly point at the kitchen and say "hey! those are my hands!"
.
Now comes the hard part- getting them into envelopes and mailed out in time for Thanksgiving!!
.
No comments:
Post a Comment