Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Oh! Holiday Group Activity Time!

I almost forgot.. in the Holiday prep theme goes the Planning of Group Activities. We (loosely) organize a turkey potluck at work, we have some sort of Christmas-cookie-decorating party. At some point, we get together with extended family, and that involves lots of kiddos. This year, I'm returning to (my personal) tradition of thinking up a Group Activity.


Past classics include creating handprint Tshirts for Grandma and the cousins (harder now because of so! many! cousins!) (and half of them are older with big hands, lol)...

...kids making english muffin pizzas for the family while wearing personalized "kitchen cousin" aprons (very messy but also fun)...

... a group trip to McD for happy meals and then to the movie, meal toy matched of course! This was probably one of our most expensive days, but we were both working with no kids at the time and happy to splurge. Though I think every sibling/family involved offered us money- hey, we could've made money on that day!

... the make-your-own bird feeder with pinecones and birdseed. Much fun, because we first went on a walk to find the pine cones, then came back inside to assemble. Not so much fun was the two year old who decided to eat the peanut butter and seed mix !!!

I'm sure there were others, but this is all I can think of for now. Are you wondering what THIS year's activity will be? Oh, I'm so sorry but I can't tell you! Part of the fun is that the kids never knew what was going to happen. And since I haven't done it in a few years, I bet it'll be a big suprise this time too!!

No comments: