Monday, November 15, 2010

the Holidays are Coming! the Holidays are Coming!

I know, I know. We're still reeling from the Halloween festivities. But we blinked. And now it's the middle of November. Thanksgiving is next week. NEXT WEEK, people! Not that we're panicky. This week is too full!



At work this morning, I figured out the week. I have 5 meetings, 1 fun lunch, 1 big event, 1 Rite to coordinate at Mass, 1 morning of classes. And approximately 8 office hours to prepare for it. All in the next 6 days. And my assistant is on vacation. Wha? This is not a normal week at all! A bit much. Even if it involves fun stuff, eh?


Halloween fun stuff included mini-jack-o-lanterns filled with fruit.
A big hit with the littles, though in hindsight I probably should have told them not to eat the orange rind.
***
My Cajun brother wanted to know how we get ready for the holidays around here. Oh hurray and huzzah, a theme for this week's posts !!! (hey, Carolina bro, what do you want to hear about?)

I'm not sure there's an overall plan, per se. I do enjoy a lot of the preparing. I probably begin thinking about Christmas sometime in the fall. I really like doing some type of unique Christmas photo - past years have included a lot of variations on the beach theme. But last year I learned that with a toddler in the house, it's a bit harder to pull those off spontaneously! I finally came up with an IDEA for our card this year, but I don't think we'll have a chance to snap it until after Turkey day. After it comes out, we'll compare the idea with the actual photo, k?


Not a planned holiday photo, but definitely one to put away for his prom date.

(But you do have to admire his "stiff-arm" form! What a running back!)

1 comment:

bluedaisy said...

The photo is priceless and the striped socks are perfect!
Hope you get thru the crazy week without stressing too much :)