Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NaBloPoMo

My bloggy friends might be amused that I'm trying this. For everyone else- NaBloPoMo (or something like that) is the National Blog Posting Month. The idea is to post something on your blog every day during the month of November. I've enjoyed it on my friend's spaces, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. And since we've got the desktop up and running again (woo-hoo), we have pictures too!

I'd like to try to do a "slice of life" thing- post about something in our daily lives each day. Since today is a Wednesday, I should be at work! But both K-boy and I are still a bit under the weather. And since today was an all-or-nothing day in terms of clocking in (conference day) I went with the stay-at-home route.

Runny noses and coughs did not stop us from waking up late... and eventually dragging our butts into the kitchen to make pumpkin pancakes. Kade loves the whole "cooking" thing, which is dumping pre-measured stuff in and mixing it up right now. Then I put his chair at the sink and let him "do the dishes" while I cooked 'em up. We added pumpkin, banana and spices--- yum.

We had a brief set as a mother-son band: Kaden plays drums while I play (pretend) guitar or piano. Coloring for a few cards and letters, and now I believe it is time for a snack and nap! Hope your day is going just as well!




PS- as I write this, they still haven't announced our state governor. The race is too close and not all the ballots have been counted the first time, plus it looks like a re-count will be in order anyway. Gotta love Florida elections!

2 comments:

bluedaisy said...

Not a bad way to spend a sick day there Momma :) Love the drums and airband (well of course I do!).

Kelsey said...

Michael loves to help cook as well. Sometimes I'll start making dinner and he'll be running to get the stool before I can stop him. Unfortunately for him I don't let him help w/ any of the hot stuff yet. This leads to a lot of disappointment.

Looks like you two made the best of your day.