Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Holiday Prepping for Travel

Well, hello there! I'm interrupting a bit of my worrying, ah, research and planning to get today's post in. I'm also interrupting our dvd date of Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Which, for the record, is a LOT scarier than the book. Also, I like how in the book Percy had to figure things out. In the movie, they just tell him things, or give him stuff, to set up the fight/mythical creature scenes.

But isn't the scene (book or movie) where Percy & pals get caught in the hotel california type place interesting? Especially since it is filled with video games/movies/techo-fun stuff. Makes me wonder if Riordan (author) was commenting on the immense time spent in front of a screen in childhoods today. (Says the lady who's blogging every day!)

Oh, and we saw Toy Story 3 the other day. Just Jim and I. For some reason, I wanted to see it before Kaden did. And good thing! Have you seen it? Not to give anything away, but I'm not sure it's a kids movie. Certainly not little kids. Again, I was scared! We'll just not mention that any TS sequels exist, and I think Kaden will be perfectly happy wearing his current PJs and yelling TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!

But really, this post is supposed to be about how I prep for travel during the holidays. You've got the gist of it. I overthink some aspects (ratio of travel toys to actual entertainment) (best way to carry a car seat in the airport) (which type of car to rent) and worry about the rest (possible asthma attacks) (any sickness potential) (ratio of books to carry to actual reading time).

There's usually some fun planning, too. We get started on Christmas gifts. I print out photos and review all the relatives/names/memories with Kaden. I make a list for packing in my head. I make a list on paper. I plan to pack days in advance. I lose the list. I pack at the last minute. We stop at the drugstore within the first few hours. Pretty typical.

No comments: