Today's Saturday. Jimdad is off working all day, and I'll need to help at a fundraiser tonight. Normally, on a free Saturday we'd venture out to a farmers market, but the temps are in the 50s for crying out loud! Instead, I'll move some piles around under the guise of housekeeping.
After I answer some questions from my college bud Jane, of course.
1-2. When I'm home, there is no formal attempt to teach Kaden school stuff like letters and numbers. We do use PBS, toys and songs adn he picks things up, but I have a suspicion a lot of that is due to preschool and his Nana.
3. Are you a meal planner & does that help? The rare occasions we plan ahead it helps. One of our main challenges is that I'm a planner but Jim is the chef. So generally if I plan, I wind up cooking, and that's not always a good thing! Winging it involves remembering to defrost something, and then seeing what's fresh in the fridge. It helps immensly if I go shopping for 'fresh' stuff 2x a week (buying smaller amounts so it doesn't spoil), but that hasn't happened lately.
4. How do you and your spouse/significant other make time for each other? How do you keep your marriage/relationship a priority? Jim and I try to get lunch together once a week, away from work. Night dates are rare- I think because we're away from him a lot during the week, we tend not to want to go out (at least I don't!). For the marriage-priority thing, we actually do a once-a-month potluck dinner with 4 other couple friends. It's actually a program/group/ministry called Teams of Our Lady (tool) so we have a short article to read (usually about marriage/family/faith) and when we get together we have prayer and discussion questions. I think we've been doing it for about 3 yrs now, and have become good friends with the other couples. Always kid-free ;)
I'll finish the rest tomorrow! Family, send me any questions/topics you want to see on the blog this month!
1 comment:
Ooo, I can't wait to read more :) I was thinking of ideas for questions and here is what I have so far:
1. How did you end up in your current job?
2. How hard is it to balance work/parenting?
Post a Comment