Kristi: puzzled Sure. pause. When?
Kaden: When I'm older.
Kristi: Oh. Yes, I guess. Why would your voice sound different?
Kaden: That's an interesting question. pause. I don't want to talk about it right now.
Kristi: ???
| sand or snow? |
***
Kaden: Mom, why are we leaving before those people?
Kristi: Because I don't work here anymore, but someone just came in to register, so they have to stay.
Kaden: Why don't you work here anymore? I liked it.
Kristi: Because we're moving to Pennsylvania.
Kaden: What do you work at now?
Kristi: I don't really have a job, now. I just get to stay at home with you.
Kaden: Well, you could get a job and I could go to school.
Kristi: sigh.
| Burrowing Owls are common around here. Didja read/see HOOT? |
***
In my old office, now inhabited by the replacement ;) I had a "kid" section that she kept.
Kaden: Mom, these are my toys.
Kristi: No, they were toys I got for the church office and we left them here for other kids.
Kaden: upset No, they were MY toys and I shared, but now we need to take them to Pennsylvania.
Replacement: Sure, honey, you can take them.
Kaden: See, mom!
Kristi: ??? sigh.
| not ours- he was in the street. Kaden was upset I didn't "rescue" him... |
***
We are taking SO. MANY. TOYS. to Pennsylvania- it's so frustrating. I was able to pare down our stuff (though JimDad may later question some of that!) but Kaden is hanging on to *everything*. I know it's because of this move transition, but I am not a packrat and it's driving me crazy! Thanks for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment