So, guess what we did yesterday?
Our move "plan", such as it is, consists of having a company dropping off a trailer in our driveway... loading our stuff into as little space as possible... having them drive it to PA, where it's now Jim's problem. And Kaden and I will take a few days here, visit some friends, hop on the autotrain, and arrive in PA a day or two after the stuff has been unloaded into the new house (we're renting, have I mentioned that yet?).
We didn't plan on being in a hurricane's "Cone of Anxiety." Or on Kaden getting sick the night before the truck came (not that you can tell from the photos). Or on having so much freaking stuff! I'm a bit dismayed- the wee lad himself has at least 8 boxes of toys (which doesn't include the basketball hoop, the car, the large trucks, OR any toy in Pennsylvania). I know I gave away boxes upon boxes of books and stuff. And yet... there's still so much. And while there's nothing wrong with owning stuff- it's not how I pictured my life.
But we did have an awesome family come over and help, both with Kaden wrangling and with truck loading, and another unexpected friend to boot. There is NO way I could possibly have done this without them, and we've saved quite a bit, so now I'm also taking suggestions for thank you gifts! What do you think? What's a good thank you for 3-5 hours of sweat and general sanity-keeping?



1 comment:
I admire you guys for making such a huge change and wish you the best as you settle into your new life :)
Post a Comment