Okay, you know nothing that exciting is happening when I'm going to blog about a mood-swing...
Seriously folks, I'm doing fine and have no other news to report right now! B is still there (hurray) and moving around-- this week, about the size of a mango apparently. Which makes Jimdad and I happy b/c we have a fun nickname again (hello, baby mango! it's time for mangomania!!).
But the most interesting event of the week (so far!) came Wednesday night. We were at Mom's house, and Jim decided to add some water to the massive fish tank. He goes and gets the special 5 gal. bucket, adds the appropriate drops of magic-make-it-safe-for-fishies-stuff... and comes into the living room. I'm not sure exactly what he did that made me nervous, but I started (ahem) yelling that he shouldn't do it that way. To which he replied with his infamous bulldog look. Which made me more upset- you know, the usual cycle!
So finally, he says "Just WATCH me do this" and I yell - in a very good imitation of a 5 yr old- "I will NOT watch you"... and stomped out of the living room. Except I had socks on, and Mom has some kind of smooth floor, so when I turned into the hallway (out of sight), I promptly slid into the wall. Which of course, made everything worse. So I finally get into one of the rooms, shut the door, leaned against it, and... burst into tears!
And as I'm sitting there crying, I'm thinking "what am I crying about? this is ridiculous..." And another minute passes... I'm still crying, only now I'm thinking "...and embarrassing." After about 5 or 10 minutes, I calm down, and sheepishly go back out into the living room. Jimdad, God bless him, is still perturbed. So I ask if he's done with the fish water, because I'm done with the mood swing!
Later, we all get to laugh about it. Yes, unfortunately my Mom witnessed the whole thing. But she did great 'staying neutral' (!) and also sees this as my payback for my 6th grade year. That was when I came home and announced that she was THE oldest mom in my class, and my teacher said I should be nice to her because she was going through hormone changes and one day it would be my turn...
Guess my turn started this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment