Friday, January 25, 2008

Inquiring minds :)

Howdy, folks! Earlier this week, one of the girls at the parish where I work asked me if she could ask me a question. Having just fielded a bunch about saints, confirmation and retreats, I said sure. "How long have you been pregnant?" Ivana asked. Her mom blushed, but her brother looked equally interested. "Since the end of October," I replied with a smile. "After we already met you?" she continued (they just moved here this fall). I confirmed that, at which she and her brother exchanged puzzled looks. Then she exclaimed, "But, you don't LOOK pregnant!"

All the adults in earshot laughed, and her mom reminded her that they had already talked about this, and it takes a few months before someone looks pregnant! I also told Ivana and Anthony not to worry, by the time of their First Communion (May) I would definitely LOOK pregnant!

It reminds me of that joke: "I have a perfect 10 sized body, but I keep it safe under a few layers of fat." Right now, it's the same for this pregnancy!!

Lots of people are asking me how I feel, etc. There's nothing too new physically (though I seem to have lots of my own questions to figure out over the next 6 months!)

While nothing's apparent, I am starting to feel different. Still have heartburn occasionally, still tired somewhat... but also am feeling "full" in the abdomen area. Hard to explain, but it sure feels like something's in there! Or should I say, someone...

and speaking of the little cause of all this commotion, check out the poll to the left. You can vote on whether you think it's a little guy or little gal! No new tests or news to report - it's been a quiet week. All is well, thank God!

No comments: