Monday, September 26, 2011

an even trade?

Honest to goodness conversation that we just had: (and a very needed smiel on a rough day):

Kaden:  Mommy, I want this Mater truck.  (pointing to an ad)
Me:  You mean the wagon?  We don't have room for that.
Kaden:  But I want it.
Me:  Well, I suppose if you wanted to pack up ALL your toys, and give them to a little boy who doesn't have anything, then we would have room.
Kaden:  OK!  (runs off to the living room)
Hmm, what I need now is a bag.  I've seen one around.
Nana:  You could use this box over here.
Kaden:  Yes, thank you!
Nana:  What are you doing?
Kaden:  I'm packing up all my toys to give to a big boy like me.
Nana:  Why? 
Kaden:  So I can go buy the Mader truck.
Nana:  Is it really worth it?
Kaden:  Oh, yes.

After a few minutes, he has piled all the living room toys into a box and a bag.
Kaden:  Ok Mom, let's go get the Mader truck.  I packed up all my toys.
Me:  Well, that was just the living room.  What about the toys in your bedroom?
Nana, speaking to me:  I don't know where you got this from, but it wasn't your childhood.

Now, if you'll excuse me folks, I have a huge pile of toys that either need to be loaded in the truck or put back away...

2 comments:

bluedaisy said...

Awesome Nana! And he must REALLY want that wagon (I was gonna say that he could keep his toys IN the wagon but I don't know how big the wagon is and didn't want to butt in- LOL)

Anonymous said...

Well 2 boxes later and some sorting of toys we did not want him to get rid of, Kaden has his Mater wagon, and he does carry around and tows around as the wagon has a tow hook on it, the toys he kept. What an awesome little boy!!