Thursday, May 26, 2011

Home Sweet Home

TWO supermans picked me up from the airport today! One was wearing his costume and trying to wake up... the other was Clark Kent style.

But Clarkie boy came in quite handy when I unpacked and found out that about HALF of the resources I bought at the conference were soaking wet! It was a really long day, and I'm tired. And now I have to email a stinking airline to discuss their policy of CHARGING to check a bag but then leaving it stand outside during a 2 hour RAIN delay, which doesn't seem like "checking" anything at all.



This past week I was off to Atlanta for a ministry conference. A few friends also went, and it was the first conference since Kaden's been born that we were at without family or volunteers around. And you know what? It was MORE productive and MORE rejuvenating than any other multi-task attempt. Amazing.





And since it was downtown Atlanta, we had fun walking around and visiting some touristy sites. Aquarium- Great fun! That Centennial Olypmic Park is waaaay cool! But the Coca-Cola world? Not so much. Save your money folks- just google "coke art" and then liquify some bright candy into a too-sweet beverage to sip and dump down the sink. Oh, then give about 50 kids a TON of caffeine and sugar and let them run around you and scream. That's pretty much the scoop.





Anyway, one of the benefits of the trip (besides some really neat connections /ideas / resources) was that I realized how much my family needs a real vacation: us relaxing together somewhere away from all the ordinary stuff. So I guess it's a good thing summer's coming up, eh? What's your vacation plans?


No comments: