Friday, July 30, 2010

Fast Fact Friday, or something like that

1. Jim is doing another triathlon tomorrow- the bike portion of a relay team. I'm planning on going up, with Kaden, to cheer them on. But the race site won't tell me where parking is, and my best guess is that it's about 2 miles from the swim start/transition area. Why yes, I thought the perfect way to spend a Saturday 6am *would* be a mile long stroller walk with a toddler.

2. Store clerks, if I buy a reusable bag, USE IT to pack the rest of the stuff, ok? There's nothing that gets my goat more than you stuffing a perfectly fine fabric bag into one of those plastic ones. Seriously.

3. Kaden has his 2 yr checkup today. Perfectly healthy, as far as we can tell. Even the doc noticed that he talks. A lot. Oh, and for the first time he actually cried more than 15 sec when getting the vaccines.

4. Last night, we had 3 bikes on the porch. The only one Jim actually owns is his least favorite ride. He met a guy who might give him an oldie but goodie. Which means 4 bikes. This is why I'd like a garage. Or at least a proper shed.

5. A while back, our washing machine took out its frustration with us by flooding the porch. We had to throw away the fantastic carpet tiles that were made from recycled bottles. Maybe we didn't have to throw them away, but I actually got tired of fighting with the porch and trying to do it "green". This week, we just went into home depot, picked out something from a roll, came home (in the rain, natch) and set it up. In less than 4 hours, the job was done.

6. If someone asks Kade a question, and we whisper the answer in his ear as a "help", he turns around and whispers the answer too.

7. Yesterday, Jeopardy was ending and I asked Jim "What time is it?" Before he could respond, Kaden said "8 Oclock! Time for bathtub!" He was completely right, but I seriously doubt he knows any other time of day.

8. Oh look, it's 8 oclock, bathtime right now. Good night, all!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

The talking makes two to three (and on!) such a fun age! Er, until they learn to sass. Then you might find yourself wishing for those baby gurgles again! Not that we'd know anything about that.