That's an appropriate prayer for me after the craziness of Lent/Holy Week/Easter. I was somewhat disappointed that we wouldn't have a "normal" family Easter, since I was working the Vigil Sat. night and Jim worked Easter morning. But during the rehearsal with our candidates & Elect (those coming into the church that night), the Spirit nudged me into a better mood and I was able to embrace the weekend.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Happy Easter!
"That's the man in charge of Easter" -overheard at church, when a woman tried to bribe her grand kids into behaving.... she was alluding to Jim, our youth minister extraordinaire, who coordinates the Children's Mass AND the Easter Egg fun afterward... but I think we all know the man really in charge of Easter, yes? May Jesus continue to rise in our hearts, bringing new life where we need it most!

That's an appropriate prayer for me after the craziness of Lent/Holy Week/Easter. I was somewhat disappointed that we wouldn't have a "normal" family Easter, since I was working the Vigil Sat. night and Jim worked Easter morning. But during the rehearsal with our candidates & Elect (those coming into the church that night), the Spirit nudged me into a better mood and I was able to embrace the weekend.
One thing that especially struck me was the differences between the Vigil (many symbols like fire and light, readings of how God has acted throughout history, baptisms and professions of faith- 2.5 hours total) and the Children's Mass (balloons, theater seating, short readings by soft spoken kids, background "kiddie" noises the whole time- 45 minutes total). Complete opposites in terms of style... and yet I was struck how the evident the Spirit was in both. Holding the two up as great examples of an Easter Mass... not choosing one as "better"... that is the best of our Church, I think.
That's an appropriate prayer for me after the craziness of Lent/Holy Week/Easter. I was somewhat disappointed that we wouldn't have a "normal" family Easter, since I was working the Vigil Sat. night and Jim worked Easter morning. But during the rehearsal with our candidates & Elect (those coming into the church that night), the Spirit nudged me into a better mood and I was able to embrace the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment