Yup! Some of you may know, we've chosen to give birth at an independent Birth Center, instead of at a hospital. Those of you who know me well, know how much I dislike intense medical situations... and how much I like to learn about and try things the 'natural' or simpler way.
There's a lot that's really neat about BabyLove BirthCenter and the folks who work there (intelligent, caring, personable). Jim and I aren't always 100% on board with everything (the birthing process as ecstatic? uh....) but overall their philosophy makes sense, and seems to 'fit' us.
To tell the truth, the closer we get to the due date, the more empowering this journey feels. I'm learning waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more about women's bodies in general (and mine specifically) and Jim and I are improving our teamwork and communication each day. And I thought we were on pretty solid ground before!
So if you want to check out our way cool place, here's their website:
www.waterbirthbaby.com
I recommend the photo tour - pretty neat birthing rooms - and the FAQ page, which should help allieviate any concerns you might have. Fair warning, though, there may be some 'graphic' pics of birth in some places.... they tend to not shy away from their livelihood!
No comments:
Post a Comment