Friday, July 4, 2008

Baby Toes...

can now be felt under my right rib! Apparently, the little one is still head down (birth affirmation- my baby is in the proper birthing position)... and my sore spot is due to that right rib area being his or her favorite place to kick! Sam the midwife helped us sort out the body parts at our appt. this week. I wasn't sure if the ridges were knuckles or toes... knowing and feeling actual baby toes is quite a motivator! My goodness, we're having a real live baby! In less than 4 weeks! (or so)...

I'm practically embarrassed to admit this, but we had another shower last weekend- this one from families & volunteers from church. They did a great job keeping it a suprise from me, and everything was so thoughtful, from the decorations and games and homemade cake to all the cards and presents. And some thoughtful cousins in Ohio sent some cool gifts too--- now I just have to catch up with the thank yous! I don't like to rush them, but know I need to get them out sooner than later :)

We're now in the 'getting ready' phase and will be focusing on the room this week- setting things up, etc. I think tomorrow we'll head out for the bassinet and the 'birth center bag' supplies. No big plans for fireworks tonight, as we had a nice lunch with a friend and will be joining Mom for dinner-- that's about all me and my dino-feet can handle, I think!!! Although maybe we'll go for a late swim- we can see quite a few neighborhood displays from the pool area! Happy Fourth to everyone!

No comments: