Friday, June 6, 2008

Next Month??

So here we are in June,and if the baby's ETA is July 28... that means we could have a baby NEXT MONTH?!? Wow, this is suddenly going along a lot faster. Mostly.

Local folks think I look pregnant now (really, after only 8 months?). They're saying I have "that glow". How do you feel, they want to know. Honestly... swollen. and off-balance. My feet are swollen every day- the only question is before which meal - a good day means I can get to dinner with relatively the same sized footprints.

As for the off-balance phemon... it is really amazing to me how, when I stand up after 30 minutes of sitting, I can literally feel my insides rearranging themselves. Fun conversation-

Me: You know what I'm really looking forward to when this pregnancy thing is over?
Jim (innocently honest): the baby?
Me: Um, yeah. That too.

What I was really thinking was for my body to return to a fairly stable and skinnier state! Although, despite the unusual developments that are part of normal incubating... being pregnant is kind of fun. I mean, the freedom to take naps whenever is just awesome!

Oh, and the prenatal check up went fine yesterday. All stats, measurements, developments, etc are normal and good. Got "the list" of what we need to bring to the Birth Center, have at home, etc. The towels/garbage bags in the car (in case of water releasing early) freaked out Jim, as did some of the other "deal with graphic bodily functions or messes" tools... but all in all it looks doable.

Not like we can back out now anyway!

No comments: