Sunday, June 15, 2008

Knees, Feet, Showers

Hi Folks,

Interesting week down here... Last weekend, Jim's knee began to hurt... it turned out to be calcified tendonitis. Very confusing, as he's never had problems with his knee and we can't pinpoint a specific activity where he may have hurt it. Though it may be related to his ongoing occassional affair with gout! In any case, he's had a full leg brace on this week, so we've had to adjust a bit. The silver lining is that I've realized how much he spoils me!!

My feet are still swelling a good bit, but it's just swelling so far. Annoying, but nothing serious. I've tried almost every kind of fitness/vitamin/electrolyte drink out there, and most aren't my favorite. Though orange vitamin water and grape G2 seem to be doable!! I have gone back to the once-per-week-caffeine, which helps of course.

This weekend we've ended the week on some high notes. Yesterday, we had another (!) shower- thrown by some friends of ours. Small but highly entertaining! And the favors were cookies flown in from New York! Plus a diaper cake (with non-chlorine diapers- I had forgotten about those!) and cute decorations and a very challenging nursery rhyme theme :) Oh, and yummy lasagna and homemade cake with fruit... Add some really great people to the mix and it was a great afternoon! If Mom hadn't dragged me off their couch 4 hours later, I might still be there!!

Then today we worked a bit in the a.m., took a nap, and headed to another friend's house for dinner. We hadn't seen them or their kids in a whil, so it was a nice relaxing time.

This week, please keep Jim's grandmother in your prayers. Thanks.

No comments: