Sunday, February 16, 2014

quick takes: Brotherly Love

** Kaden came in the door with an empty donut bag.  "Did you bring me a donut?" I asked.
"No.  But I'll give you a thousand kisses, and that's worth more than one donut."

**  Nicknames Kaden has called his brother:  Little guy, Little man, little brother, baby brother, my baby, cutie patootie, squirrel, the cute one.

** One day, about 2 inches from his face, he jabbers away at Sam, who promptly started crying.  Kaden hung his head and softly said, "I think he hates me."  We re-explained that of course he loves you, but he's just a BABY, and babies don't do anything except eat, sleep, poop and cry.

** The next day, Kaden pops up into Sam's space and says "Hi there! It's me, Kaden, your big brother.  Do you remember me?"

** Sometime when I was pregnant, Kaden had mentioned something about someday he'd have a baby in his belly.  Without going into a lot of detail, I explained that no, only women have babies, because they're not really in the belly- we have a special organ called a uterus that grows babies.  Fast forward a few months, to a few days after Sam was born.  The first time Kaden saw Sam with a bottle, instead of nursing, he was a bit surprised and asked, "What, he doesn't he like drinking your uterus milk anymore?"

** Sam doesn't say a lot these days.  But his smacks and squeaks have us smiling!


There's a lot more, I'm sure- our oldest is all superhero and sweetness rolled into one.  But I'm still working on lack of sleep here, so we'll go with this for now!

No comments: