Saturday, December 7, 2013

North Pole Breakfast?!?

File this under "Keeping up with Pinterest Jones"...

I was somewhere - online - and someone (also online) mentioned a North Pole Breakfast.  I had no idea what it was, but the accompanying photo of powdered donuts made to look like a snowman was pretty cool.  So off I went to pinterest...

Twenty minutes later, I have a vague idea of what it is...

A) a non-healthy breakfast that the Elf on the Shelf brings to welcome himself into your home (and if that doesn't spell T.R.O.U.B.L.E, people, then what does?).

B) a non-healthy breakfast undertaken sometime during the Christmas season, for the fun of it.

C) a semi-healthy breakfast specifically on Christmas, or as an "event" with invited guests...

D) any mixture of the above.

E) whatever the mistletoe you want it to me.

Anywho, I'm not up for adding another event to my December calendar.  Unless, possibly, we have some cousins over for a fun breakfast- at dinnertime.   BUT I'm thinking, it's more likely that I'll be able to add *some* sort of North Pole element into our breakfast once a week.  On a day I'm not working, of course.  My favorite ideas involve Christmas Tree pancakes, rudolph mini donuts, peppermint bark donuts (mmm), snowmen pancakes, and - this is awesome- reused frappacino bottles to make a drinkable snowman.

I'm tempted to post the inspiration photos I found, but then I wouldn't post the "what it actually looked like" photos.  For whenever I get around to doing this.  (I've already missed the deadline to make pilgrim hats for Thanksgiving and St Nick cookies on his feast day- whoops!)   Besides, you NEED another reason to go search pinterest, doncha?

Anywho, is this North Pole Breakfast just a Pinterest fantasy?  Or have any of you done one? or something like it?  Send me your ideas.



No comments: