Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Prep- Cards & Cookies

After posting every. single. day. in November, I feel like a serious slacker going back to 1-2 times a week. Oh well, we'll all adjust.

Keeping with the holiday-preparation theme, since a few cards have already arrived (congrats Alicia and Patty, you're the first two!) I thought we'd talk about them. Jane was just saying she finally ORDERED her photo cards, and I bust out laughing (quietly, since Kaden is still sleeping) (long nite, we were up at 5am!). I haven't yet decided to TAKE the holiday photo. Er, it seems to me I may have talked about this already, but I'm too lazy to double check my post history. Hey, this makes the blog JUST like talking to me in person, when I often repeat myself! Lucky you!

Anyway, I like to send out Florida style photos. Oooh, I should find past years and post them. But the tree-at-the-beach, or Merry-Christmas-written-in-the-sand, can only be done so many times. I have 3 great ideas for this year, but one of them involved finding a white, short sleeve 2t oxford shirt. Apparently that doesn't exist. The other one involves aa BIG prop, also which I cannot find. Or did find a medium one that might have worked, but couldn't talk my hubby into buying it (a rare grinch moment, lol). And of course, there's finding the time to get to the beach, which we had planned for the sunday after thanksgiving, but sickness postponed it and now... well who knows when we'll get there.

But, honestly, part of the FUN of writing cards for me is to have it happen in that week before Christmas, when everything slows down a bit and the Spirit is high. Or even the day after Christmas. I operate on the theory that the Church celebrates for another 2-3 weeks, so I can too. (Liturgically correct in terms of timing, haha).

Anyway, Kaden is stirring so we'll leave the cookies for another time. Enjoy the holiday madness!

3 comments:

bluedaisy said...

Just because I ordered them, doesn't mean they will be in the mail anytime soon!! I always fret about this- except for last year when I felt I had a valid excuse for lateness :)
But I agree with you- is it ever a bad time to received a Christmas card? Just keep me on your list and I will be excited to see your Florida style card :)

Anonymous said...

I have to set the record straight I did not say not to getting prop, I said no to the decoration as I find no value in that decoration, but when told it was a prop for the Christmas Card picture I did say yes and was over ruled. I like sending the cards out after Christmas as well as this extents Christmas!!

MamaK said...

he finds no value in Christmas decorations! and admitted it on the internet, so it MUST be true!

Wouldn't this blog be tons of fun with guest posts by el esposo?!