Kaden was trying to climb onto the chair I was occupying. "Move over" he says, "You're in the way." ME? I asked, "You're the one being incorrigible." He reached the top, stood up straight and yelled "INNNCORRRRIBBBLLLEEE"
***
Since he misbehaved at dinner, he didn't get a third helping of peaches. I wasn't worried, since it was his THIRD helping. A little over an hour later, I hear the kitchen gate close and little feet walking across the tile. Then the pantry door open, a little rustling. Then nothing. I peek over the counter to see our boy sitting in the middle of the floor, eating cereal out of the box. Happily... and quietly. Guess he needed the third serving after all.
***
Whilst I was busy in the bathroom, Kaden (fully dressed) walked into the shower, closed the door and starting singing at the top of his lungs "I NEED A HERO..." Hey, I asked, is that Dad in the shower? Kaden opened the door and laughed "No, Mama, it's me" I faked a suprised look and said "Oh, it's Kaden acting like Daddy in the shower." He laughed again, closed the door, and resumed singing at the top of his lungs "It's KAAADENNNN, acting like DAAAADDY, singing about a HEEEEERO in the SHOOOOOWWWER"
***
When asked, he loves to water plants. Only he gets about a third of it on the plant, a third of it on the cement, and a third of it on himself. All on purpose.
***
He also loves to cook. Mostly this involves filling pots with water and mixing ingredients, with more care than the plants get. There's lots of smiling and "YUM, this looks GOOD" type of comments.
***
Kaden was telling me something that happened at school, and absentmindedly I said "Really?" to which he replied, "Really, REALLY"
Other current favorite phrases:
What happened?
Oh, that's my ____ (whatever he's looking at)
Hello!
I love YOU more.
That's funny.
***
With the exception of the phrases, which have been around a bit, everything else in this post happened within the last 48 hours. I left out the numerous time outs because, really really, they aren't that fun. But otherwise, the weather is beautiful and life is good! We love YOU more!
No comments:
Post a Comment