Tuesday, May 11, 2010

and he's not yet TWO!

So today when I come home, I'm led to the bathroom. No, this isn't about that.

Kade shuts the door and says DARK. I'm impressed because I didn't realize he knew that word. Then Nana says, "Good, and what do we do when it's dark?" Kade finds his step stool, picks it up and places it near the sink counter. I'm still not adjusted to the dark. He climbs up, says LIGHT, and turns on the light.


WOW, I say, and high five him. Then he points at a candle. I say to Nana, if he knows *that* word, I'm falling down. Kaden smiles and says CANDLE. I fake falling down. Nana asks him what color it is. He looks over and says GREEN. So then I ask him if he's going to Notre Dame for college. He laughs and says YES. Gosh I hope they have full tuition scholarships...

3 comments:

bluedaisy said...

Love that age of soaking everything in...and there's still more to come :)

Michele said...

Do I recognise that stroller?

MamaK said...

thanks for the encouragement Jane!

I hope you recognise it Michelle :) See, you're never far from our thoughts (and thanks!)