Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The lengths we go for coffee around here...

So! It turns out Kaden has grown an inch or so. I know this because he can now reach things on top of the kitchen counter. Like, say, a cup full of lukewarm coffee. You and I both know how this ends, but we still deserve the story.

I'm not facing him, but I hear the ceramic jingle on the counter and think "OH. NO. DONT. NOT. WAIT. STOP." Nothing actually comes out of my mouth, though, and as I turn around he is trying to grab the cup as it falls off the counter, tipping directly over his head. The poor thing looks like a cat that got drowned, with an equally unsure/shocked look on his face. I swipe his cheek to make sure the coffee wasn't hot, then relax and say "wow, bud, are you okay?"

He doesn't answer. He doesn't cry. He doesn't laugh. Instead, as a little stream of coffee runs off his nose, he sticks out his tounge, smacks his lips, and says MMMMMM. For the next 60 seconds, I am literally on the floor laughing while he repeats the process. Goofy kid. Must take after his mother*.


* Who, in her defense, has never dumped coffee all over her in an attempt to get a sip or two.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Oh no! That is too funny. A story you'll surely laugh about later, maybe over Starbucks?