Monday, October 20, 2008

Three Months Means... back to work

Yup. Today was it. First day back in the office. I'm not sure what I expected, and the day was... fine. I managed to answer most emails, delegate a few tasks, return a few calls, catch up with half my coworkers and eat brownie cake. It all felt comfortable... and at the same time, very unfamiliar. I couldn't remember which keys went to which door, or where I kept certain files, or why I had made certain decisions about the programs' calendars. And the whole time I had a distinct feeling that I was supposed to be somewhere else. Of course, everyone who saw me wanted to know where was the baby and how was he doing: so mostly I talked about him all day long anyway!


If I'm back at work, it means three months has passed, and ---- wait! Where's the 3 months picture, you ask? Funny you should mention it...
First, I should tell you that photos are getting slightly harder. While he can't crawl away yet, he still seems pretty active:
Then, you should know that he LOVES sitting upright, and will often strain and grunt his way into a semi-up sitting position. So when he's propped up, he likes to check out what's happening.
What he was staring at so intently?
The TV.
I'd be more upset about it, but it was college football... so I figure it must be genetic.
Finally, know that Kaden IS happier (and chattier) with each passing day. Not that you can tell, because the smile disappears whenever the camera comes out. Should make for interesting holiday photos, eh?


Happy THREE months, baby boy! Here's to a zillion more!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I love that last one! The look on his face is priceless. Sort of like, "Yes? Did you need something?"

bluedaisy said...

Love the pictures!!! You will have to keep me posted on how back to work feels...If I get that job offer, I might need some "It will be okay" type of support! Just out of curiousity, who is lucky enough to spend their day with Kaden? He is too cute!

Amy Giglio said...

hey good luck back at the office!

Kelsey said...

It sounds like things are going well. Look how big Kaden is getting! He could come over here and teach Michael a thing or two about sitting up!