Thursday, September 11, 2008

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

It's time to start making Halloween costumes!! Nevermind any writing deadlines or filing Kaden's hospital records! People, we've got to narrow down our options and commit to a character already!

Favorite costumes from the past (all homemade)

Childhood:
- Clown (Mom still has this one)

- Knight (did I mention I was a tomboy?)

College Years:
- Oscar the Grouch, complete with a real (!) trash can, (clean) trash, Wormly & insults! Great for accolades, not so much for sitting down...

- Winnie the Pooh & company: we seriously had everyone from Tigger to Owl to Christopher Robin to Roo! The best part? No costume cost more than $12!

Adult Years:
um... I'm not sure what happened here, but the few times I/we dressed up it was fairly lame. Or routine. Pirate, cowgirl, etc.

But THIS year, I have a BABY. A very smallish child who CAN'T VETO any idea my overactive imagination comes up with! So as long as JimDad stays out of my way agrees, the sky's the limit! We may just have to host a party this year ;)

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

Where are the photos of these costumes?!

One of my earliest posts was about my foray into sewing to make Harper's first Halloween costume, which was a poodle. October 2005 if you want to go looking for it!

Can't wait to see what you come up with. I've gotten less ambitious each year!

MamaK said...

Photos- great ideas, Kelsey! I have to dig them out of some boxes that we packed up a few months ago :) Give me a day or 2...

Aimee said...

Oh Halloween with the kids is the BEST!

One year, Francie was the princess and Fiver was the pea. And then we had Fiver as a knight and Francie as the dragon.

One of my favorites? Fiver was a "AA" battery last year. It was pretty sweet.

bluedaisy said...

Hey! Not that we are the most creative (and I certainly didn't make any costumes!) but Michael was a bumble bee his first year and then a doggie last year. He loves dogs as does Liam. Liam was the bumble bee last year and I suppose he will be the doggie this year. I have NO ideas for Michael yet but your post got me thinking :)