Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kaden's Cadence


Hey folks-


We're just about 6 weeks along with the little one, and things are going fairly well. He's been a little fussy the past few days, but generally good. He's eating (nursing & bottles) really well lately, and seems to have 'upped' his usual intake- averaging 2 and 1/2 ounces every 2 hours. He seems to like weekends for growth spurts, and then will nurse up to 40 minutes! Since it's hard to read or write then, I might start catching up on movies :)


We're waiting for that first smile. Kaden's definitely awake more, and generally likes to stare at us. Or the ceiling. We like to think he's comtemplating life (a long, loving gaze...). Though the other night he played a really cute game with JimDad, who was holding him: everytime Jim looked away, Kaden would study his face. But every time Jim looked into his eyes, Kaden would quickly turn his head away. After a few tests, Jim started exagerating his movements. I thought for sure we'd get a smile out of that, but no luck. He does have a gorgeous smile, which we see when he's sleeping. Nana calls it 'smiling at the angels.' Her guardian angel must be his favorite, because he does it mostly when she's holding him!!


His tear ducts have started to work, which is great. Except that it makes his cries that much harder to bear! And right now he's got one blocked duct. His eyes still look greenish or hazel, but they could turn up to 6 or 9 months, so who knows? He does seem to like our singing (hard to believe, I know)- generally, made up silly songs will calm him down. We've got a few that we find ourselves repeating, but I think we'll keep 'em as family secrets!

Oh, so as not to clutter the blog, I've posted a bunch of photos over here. Tomorrow I'll have a update on me!
PS- The photo was from August 18, not June 18 - which would have been one month before he was born!!

2 comments:

bluedaisy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bluedaisy said...

I deleted my first comment because I misspelled Kaden...Anyway, here is what I said,

Kaden is just SO beautiful :)